Open 7 Days & Nights
Mon - Sat
11:30am - 2:00pm
Sun - Sat
2:00pm - 5:30pm
Mon - Thurs
5:30pm - 10:00pm
Fri - Sat
5:30pm - 11:00pm
5:30pm - 9:00pm
Andrew's Downtown is in the business of serving families and making memories. Whether at one of the two restaurants or through the catering arm, Andrew's Downtown always provides a family-friendly atmosphere that is safe, comfortable and healthy. In addition, Andrew's Downtown has become the second family to literally thousands of college students who have worked for Andy over the last 40 years. Roughly 80% of the staff in all three entities are college students working to help pay their own way through college. Andy and his management team make sure the employees gain valuable lifelong lessons learned through teamwork, hard work, and learning how to be hospitable and responsible. Management is flexible with them schedule-wise semester after semester.
Andrew's Downtown fulltime employees exceed industry standards for longevity of employment. For example, Miss Ollie was with Andy for 38 years before her recent passing and Jim Perran is still with Andy after over 3 decades. John Delcamp, an FSU Hospitality graduate worked as a chef in Andrew's 2nd Act from 1975-1979 and now his son Alex Delcamp, also a hospitality major at FSU, works as a cook in the Grill.
Former employees are so loyal to Andy and Andrew's Downtown that they started a Facebook group called "At some point in my life I worked for Andrew Reiss" and it has almost 300 members.
We are members of the following organizations:
- Tallahassee Association of Wedding Professionals (TAWP)
- Tallahassee Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (TACVB)
- Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association
Meet Andy Reiss
For decades, Andy Reiss has worked tirelessly to build a vibrant business in downtown Tallahassee while at the same time, advocating and gaining support to build a vibrant downtown environment for all businesses.
Andy has been nicknamed "Mr. Downtown" by the Tallahassee Democrat and for good reason. Over the years Andy has:
- Served as Chairman for the Downtown Improvement Authority and has continued to serve as a commissioner.
- Helped conceptualize and execute the Downtown Getdown
- Teamed up with Susan Stratton to found the Downtown Merchant and Business Association.
- Recently appointed by Governor Scott to the Board of Visit Florida
- Joined Ron Spencer and Liz Wilyoung in creating the Tallahassee Convention and Visitors Bureau; now called Visit Tallahassee. He went on to serve as President in the second and third year and he continued to serve on the Executive Board for many years and is still an active member of the organization.
- Currently serves as Chairman of the Tallahassee Downtown Redevelopment Commission.
- A faithful member of The Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce since the 70's and served on the Board of Directors and the Executive Board in the 80's.
- Appointed by Governor Bob Martinez to the Hotel and Restaurant Advisory Council and has since been reappointed by every Governor to serve on the state board, acting as a liaison between DBPR and the hospitality industry. He went on to serve as Chairman on three separate occasions.
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association, one of Florida's largest associations, since the 90's and is currently Chairman-elect. He will begin his term as Chairman in December 2012. He helped start the local chapter of FRLA in the 70's.
Andy brings his lifetime of hospitality experience including:
- Jack-of-all-trades, busser/dishwasher/cabana boy: Carillon Hotel, Miami Beach
- Assistant Cook: De Continental in Bal Harbor, Summer 1966
- Ran the TEP house kitchen: Gainesville, Sophomore Year 1968
- Kitchen Manager: Chanelo's Pizza on Tennessee St, Tallahassee, 1969
- Bartender and Server- Hotel Bellevue, San Bernadino, Switzerland, 1970
- Assistant Cook: Wiener Stube Restaurant, Aspen Colorado, 1971
- Manager: Confederate Supper Club (later, the River Supper Club), Tallahassee, 1972